Alexandra Stevenson BSc(Hons), PGDip NT, mBANT, HAES®
I’m Alex, I’m a Registered and experienced Nutritional Therapist and qualified mindfulness and meditation teacher. I specialise in supporting women with binge eating and overeating issues and lifelong weight struggles.
I can help you find a way of eating that works for you, a way which supports your health and well being, as well achieving freedom and empowerment around food and body image.
I’m a passionate advocate for intuitive eating, mindful eating, Health at Every Size and Size Diversity. My work is compassionate and inclusive, I provide a safe space for you to explore your issues around food, eating and your body. My aim is to help you address poor body confidence and let go of yo-yo dieting. My goal is for you to trust yourself around food and not have to keep looking outside of yourself for rules and accountability.
Training and Qualifications
- Masters level PG Dip Nutritional Therapy
- Meditation teacher (BSoM)
- Mindful Eating, Conscious Living (ME-CL) course facilitator
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (ongoing)
- BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy)
- Centre for Mindful Eating
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Continued Professional Development
I regularly attend lectures, courses, conferences and workshops to improve my knowledge base and keep up with current developments in research in Nutrition, mindful eating, intuitive eating and eating psychology.
- When the body comes to therapy with Dr Susie Orbach
- Working therapeutically with disordered eating and eating disorders with Julia Buckroyd
- Body Image training for clinicians with Marci Evans RD and Fiona Sutherland RD
- Kindful Eating practitioner training with Dr Lucy Aphramor
- Mindful Eating, Conscious Living with Jan Chozen-Bays MD and Char Wilkins, MSW, LCSW