I’m Alex, I’m a Registered and experienced Nutrition Therapist and qualified mindfulness and meditation teacher. I support women to find a way of eating that works for them, a way which supports their health and well being as well achieving freedom and empowerment around food and body image.
I’m a passionate advocate for intuitive eating, mindful eating and the Health at Every Size and Body Positive movements. Unlike many nutrition professionals, I won’t be giving you a list of rules to follow which can leave you feeling judged and ashamed if you can’t follow them. My work is compassionate and inclusive, I provide a safe space for you to explore your issues around food, eating and your body. My aim is to help you free yourself from fear, obsession and judgement around food, eating and body image. My goal is for you to trust yourself around food and not have to keep looking outside of yourself for rules and accountability.
Training and Qualifications
- PG Dip Nutritional Therapy
- Meditation teacher (BSoM)
- Mindful Eating, Conscious Living (ME-CL) course facilitator
- BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy)
- Centre for Mindful Eating
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Continued Professional Development
I regularly attend lectures, courses, conferences and workshops to improve my knowledge base and keep up with current developments in research in Nutrition, mindful eating, intuitive eating and eating psychology.
- Working therapeutically with disordered eating and eating disorders with Julia Buckroyd
- Body Image training for clinicians with Marci Evans RD and Fiona Sutherland RD
- Kindful Eating practitioner training with Dr Lucy Aphramor
- Mindful Eating, Conscious Living with Jan Chozen-Bays MD and Char Wilkins, MSW, LCSW